Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Quote of the Year

I’ve been following the Fly Lady Method of cleaning since October. I’ll do a full review of it at a later time but I wanted to touch on a quote that has really hit home with me: Progress Not Perfrction. 

I didn’t realize how much of a perfectionist I am. I’m not the kind of profectionist that will stay up cleaning the house until the wee hours of the night so everything will be “perfect”. I am the kind of perfectionist who won’t even start something because it won’t be “perfect”. Perfectionism traps me. It keeps me from moving forward. I want to paint in our new house - but it will take me MONTHS to decide on a paint color because it won’t be perfect. I want to decorate our house pretty but I won’t because it won’t be perfect. I didn’t want to  start a blog because mine won’t be perfect like a lot of other bloggers etc etc etc. 

The fly lady preaches progress not Prefection.  Things don’t need to be perfect. Things won’t be perfect. 

Doing a little something every day is better than doing nothing. Working out for 15 mins a day is better than nothing. Folding one pile of laundry is better than folding no laundry. Picking a paint color for the walls is better than having no paint at all on plain textured walls (seriously - there’s not even flat paint on the walls  In the bathroom and kitchen) 

My diet doesn’t have to be perfect all the time. If I can’t exercise for a hour a day - then I should at least do 15 mins. 

Progress. Not perfection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Goals

I wanted to post some weekly goals here. I wrote them in my planner as well so hopefully seeing them in a couple different places will help ...